Saseka feels very much like a shining jewel in the Thornybush crown. With visionary designers, Silvio Rech and Lesley Carstens, leading the way they managed to create a lodge that has a strikingly unique layout and finds a superb balance between cutting-edge design, classical style and feeling connected to the outside environment.
The main area has a large, tiered deck with a broad view of the riverbed and a cleverly designed roof that mimics the dappled light of a tree canopy. This is where they love to meet with their guests for a drink or a meal, share stories and listen to the afternoon breeze bringing the surrounding trees to life.
Away from the soothing tones of the main area, guests stay in nine luxurious tented suites with stylish interiors, sweeping decks, private pools and uninterrupted views of the seasonal Monwana riverbed.
Influenced by the romantic narrative of tented camps from yesteryear, the tents have been reimagined with a gentle nod to nostalgia, but with the emphasis very much on the 21st century design.
Saseka Tented Camp Is Offering a RSA Resident Special
Valid Until 30 June 2022
Luxury Suites From R 7 500 PP PN Sharing
Suspend what you know about luxury tented camps. The latest addition to the Thornybush Collection, Saseka Tented Camp, is state-of-the-art, luxurious and imbued with idyllic African wilderness. Saseka is the Tsonga word for Beautiful.
Set in the north-eastern portion of the big-5 game rich Thornybush Nature Reserve, situated in the greater Kruger National Park. Saseka, elegantly positioned on the banks of the Monwana dry-riverbed, which sweeps through the reserve, with a distinct curve in the river being a natural catalyst for the site of the main area. The lodge blends a wonderfully spacious and light, modern look with natural materials and textures, finished with elements reminiscent of a bygone era.
Saseka’s main area, a combination of wood and stone cladding, blends naturally into the surrounding environment and offers both an upper and lower-deck with the colour palette drawn from the natural surroundings; hues of ivory, dark green, apple, sage and subtle flushes of pink echoing the characteristic tones of the flowers found in the bush. The lodge’s main area is a celebration of nature with the use of light being key. The extraordinary ceiling filters light into the space – imitating the natural dappled light of a tree canopy and additional illumination comes from the unique chandelier, constructed from metal, wood and rattan.
The eight suites, with elevated views of the riverbed, are ultra-spacious safari tents on permanent foundations. Glass doors open up onto your own extensive private deck and pool, complete with sun loungers and chairs. In a private corner, there’s also an outdoor shower with bush views.
Attention to detail is present wherever you look, a great example of this is the fabric of the interior canvas, designed exclusively for Saseka, with prints from the herbarium in Pretoria of all the region’s plants.
The intelligent lighting of the tented suites is also an impressive feature. The suites allow the sounds of the bush to filter in to give you a truly immersed safari experience.
The Leadwood Villa was custom built for families and large groups, accommodating a maximum of six adults and three children across four suites.
The communal spaces are perfect for spending quality time together in the privacy of your own lodge, and include a central lounge, dining area, kitchen, private deck, fire pit, lawned garden area and large pool. That’s 230m² of space for exclusive use for guests in the Villa!
It also includes a private game drive vehicle with guide and tracker. Meals can also be cooked by a dedicated chef and served at the villa, granting a further level of privacy.
Eight luxury tents, each with their own private deck, outdoor shower and pool, accommodate two guests each. The Leadwood Villa can host groups with a central lounge and dining area, shared deck and pool, as well as a private safari vehicle.
- Bush Breakfast
- Game Drives
- Wake Up Calls
Terms and Conditions:
Available to South African residents
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Availability at the time of booking &/or voucher purchase
- Until further notice
- Valid for bookings until 30 June 2021, excluding peak season 16 December 2020 – 5 January 2021
- No cancellation fees charged if cancelled due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. See COVID-19 terms.
- 50% cancellation if cancelled outside of 30 days of arrival
- 100% cancellation if cancelled within 30 days of arrival
- Permissible at no cancellation fees if amended due to COVID19 travel restrictions. See COVID-19 terms.
- This rate is based on per person sharing
- Excludes Conservation fee of R495 per person, per booking and TOMSA levy of R14 per person, per night.
- This rate is not combinable with any other offers
- This rate includes all items specified, but excludes all other additional items of a personal nature.
- All meals and hot beverages
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives
- Local sundowner drinks (all other drinks excluded)
- Children under 6 stay for free (sharing with parents)
- Children aged 6 – 12 years pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drive unless a private vehicle is booked, or they are part of a group booking.