THE SIMBAMBILI ADD-ON SPECIALS
Pay 3 Stay 4 Special
Valid Until 28 February 2022
The Thornybush Collection is offering an amazing Pay For 3 Nights Get Your 4th Night Free mid-week special on their already discounted rates.
This means an extra 25% off!
*Check In On Sunday or Monday
Valid Until 28 February 2022
Get a return flight on FedAir from O.R. Tambo in this amazing combo special.
Simbambili: R 6800 PPPN
*Minimum 3 Night Stay
O.R. Tambo / Simbambili (Arathusa Airstrip) / O.R. Tambo
Pay3Stay4 Midweek Deal applies
Set in the famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Simbambili has world-class game viewing opportunities. Recently renovated the suites, have been elegantly designed to blend in with the dense stands of knobthorn and jackalberry trees along the meandering Manyeleti River.
Massive decks and the shaded sala beds are a guest favourite. We’re also extremely proud of our guides and trackers whose wealth of knowledge and passionate for what they do, continuously leave lasting impressions.
At the lodge, our guests are made to feel at home through the personal touches and calming nature of the setting, with many an hour spent on the main deck keeping an eye on the large waterhole and its ever-changing visitors just below.
Sophisticated yet simple, each suite has spectacular views over an extensive savannah grassland that teems with wildlife, as seen from the unique en-suite bathrooms and salas or from individual private plunge pools.
SIMBAMBILI GAME LODGE COVID-19 SADC Special
Valid for travel until 28 February 2022
Simbambali Luxury Suites: R 4999 PPPN Sharing
A pink dawn, birds stirring and a chance to see the wildlife begin their day – welcome to a morning drive at Thornybush. You’ll need to be up before the sun and in the vehicle after a quick snack to see the best sightings. This is when the land is cool and the animals are most active, when anything is possible and sightings come quickly. After a couple hours of roaming the reserve you’ll stop at a special spot for a coffee break before heading back for a delicious late breakfast.
Following a morning game drive, our guests can be treated to breakfast in a beautiful bush setting. While the savannah stirs to life, we serve a wide variety of breakfast dishes that our guests enjoy surrounded by the untouched Afican wilderness.
A walking safari offers something quite different to a game drive: the thrill of being on foot in a Big 5 reserve and a chance to engage with the smaller things. You learn about tracking, insects and flowers. It’s a chance to have an immersive experience where you get down and touch and smell what’s out there while at the same time you never quite know what you’ll encounter around the next corner, and there’s little that compares to the experience when you do.
We run a non-profit organisation that aims to uplift the surrounding local communities that many of our staff members come from. Exciting initiatives such as community owned agricultural businesses, food security, youth focused conservation awareness, sustainable procurement and infrastructure upgrades are all major focus area’s of ours.
Following a lazy afternoon, most likely spent by the pool or on your deck, we’ll meet for afternoon tea before climbing into the game vehicle for a three-hour drive that leads into the evening. The sundowner stop at one of our favourite viewpoints will take in one of the iconic sights – a sunset casting golden light across an African savanna. As night sets in, new animals stir adding another level of excitement to the end of the drive.
Dinners at Thornybush are roaming affairs – locations can range from lantern-lit bomas to starry riverbeds, but the most memorable meals are often enjoyed in the privacy of your own deck. While the night sounds of the African bush ring through the air and mysterious eyes watch you from afar, you get to enjoy superbly prepared meals accompanied by South Africa’s finest wines.
All of the nine spacious suites face the riverbed and woodlands, each with its own private plunge pool, sala bed on the deck and a free-standing bath, with the Waterhole Suite overlooking the waterhole.
At a Glance
- Coffee Maker
- Gratuity Information
- International Adaptor
- Laundry Service
- Mobile Coverage
- Safety Box
- Mini Bar
- Bath Tub
Suites – The large thatched suites have been elegantly designed to blend in with the environment and carefully positioned to enhance privacy. While the shower, free-standing bath, his and her sinks and modern finishings are impressive, it’s the outside deck our guests love most.
Each suite has its own spacious riverbed-facing deck with a plunge pool and sala bed under shade to laze away a perfect afternoon.
Honeymoon Suites – There’s one Honeymoon Suite and one Waterhole Suite at Simbambili, both perfect for honeymooners and lying on the far ends of the lodge to ensure even more privacy.
These romantic suites are slightly larger and come with added amenities. They have a shower, free-standing bath, his and her sinks and modern finishings as the other suites, but come with an added lounge area for more space.
- All meals and hot beverages
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives
- Local sundowner drinks (all other drinks excluded)
Terms and Conditions
- Available to South African residents
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Availability at the time of booking &/or voucher purchase
- Until further notice
- 2020 Rates – Valid for bookings until 30 June 2021, excluding peak season 16 December 2020 – 5 January 2021
- Festive Season Rates – Valid for bookings during peak season 16 December 2020 – 5 January 2021
- No cancellation fees charged if cancelled due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. See Simbambilli’s COVID-19 terms.
- 50% cancellation if cancelled outside of 30 days of arrival
- 100% cancellation if cancelled within 30 days of arrival
- Children under 6 stay for free (sharing with parents)
- Children aged 6 – 12 years pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drive unless a private vehicle is booked, or they are part of a group booking.
Simbambili and Saseka
- No children under 10 years are allowed
- Children 12 years and above pay the adult rate
- No triples are allowed at Simbambili
- This rate is based on per person sharing
- Excludes Conservation fee of R495 per person, per booking and TOMSA levy of R14 per person, per night.
- This rate is not combinable with any other offers
- This rate includes all items specified, but excludes all other additional items of a personal nature.