Marataba, a 21,000-hectare (68,000-acre), privately managed section of the Marakele National Park, is uniquely situated where lush bushveld gives way to the Kalahari sands, in South Africa’s Limpopo Province.
As a contractual National Park, Marataba is one of South Africa’s most innovative conservation models. From the vision of an iconic president to the unique public-private partnership that exists today, we protect the area’s diverse flora and fauna through modern and hands-on conservation practices.
For a one-on-one, private African safari, you don’t get better than this. Within this vast wilderness, our lodges are the only camps.Whether staying at Safari Lodge or Mountain Lodge, ‘luxury’ is in the thoughtful comforts, excellent food and wine, and attentive service that leave you free to live in and enjoy every moment.
With more than 1,000 acres of wilderness for every guest bed, Marataba offers intimate game viewing experiences from one of four lodges and camps, each with their own character and charm.
MARATABA GAME RESERVE COVID-19 SADC Special
Valid for travel until 31 August 2021
Marataba Safari Lodge: R 4299 PPPN Sharing
Marataba Mountain Lodge: R4299 PPPN Sharing
Thabametsi is the newest addition to the MORE Treehouses collection. Solar-powered and built over two levels, Thabametsi features an enclosed shower room, and bedroom, lounge and viewing decks – presenting the Waterberg and Marakele plains in all their wild expanse. From here, relax assured that the animals remain at a safe distance and your field guide is on call should you feel you need them.
Dine With Us
Dining, as much a part of your experience as the safari itself, brings you the culinary Big Five: Safari stop. Breakfast. Lunch. Afternoon tea. Dinner. Our chefs give contemporary dishes a local twist to give you a memorable taste of this place. Paired with premium Cape wines, dining becomes its own discovery. There’s something to be said for the setting too, with every seat the best in (and out of) the house.
With only four lodges & camps on this privately managed conservancy of 23 000ha (56 800ac), guests are assured of a very personal safari experience. It’s humbling being out here on your own, exploring the vast wilderness of mountains, plains and winding waterways. You’ll get within close range of Africa’s most impressive species. Be warned – viewing (and photo) opportunities are priceless!
Our lodges create exclusive and highly-personal experiences for you – from traditional game drives and Miss Mara water safaris, to specialist Marataba Trails hikes. Come and explore your own way.
At a Glance
- Double Bed Converted To Twins
- Air Conditioning
- In Room Safe
- In Room Telephone
- Free Wifi
- Central Guest Pool
- Kosher Dining
- Suitable For Disabled Guests
- Central Guest Pool
- Mastercard Visa Amex Diners
Marataba Safari Lodge – The lodge is a simple extension of the natural environment beyond its walls – natural, rich, and bold. If you sit quietly for long enough, you can feel the energy of the countless people who have made this place home for aeons. And while Safari Lodge’s stone and canvas Suites my look ‘down to earth’, they are anything but basic, with all the modern features included.
Marataba Mountain Lodge – This is a lodge in harmony with nature, fully solar powered and with a Scandi-style architectural simplicity that seamlessly blends it into the environment. Your Eco Suite (one of just five) is simple and sophisticated, without clutter to distract from where you are. Even its design elements, from stripped-back wood furnishings to the stone colour palette, have taken their cue from nature. While their eco-friendly operation ensures they have very little impact on it.
- Luxury accommodation in a Tented Suite
- All meals; teas/coffees
- Two game drives daily with FGASA-accredited field guide and tracker
- Game drive refreshments and snacks
- Specified inclusive safari activities
- Wi-Fi in public areas
Specialist activities included:
- Bush walks
- Wildlife lectures
- Bush breakfasts
- Picnic lunches & bush dinners
- Miss Mara Boating Activity
- Alcoholic beverages
- All flights and transfers not specified;
- Telephone calls;
- Onelife MORE Boutique purchases;
- Marataba South Africa entrance fee and guest conservation contribution; any extras will be for the guest’s account.
Specialist activities excluded:
- Private open safari vehicle hire
- Exclusive use bush breakfasts & dinners
- Any additional external services
- Marataba Trails Experience – specialised Walking Safari – available Tues/Thurs/Sat only
- 45–30 days – 50% of full amount
- 30–15 days – 75% of full amount
- 14 days or less – 100% of full amount
- Bookings are not transferable
- Children aged from 6 and above are welcome at the Lodge.
- Children ages 6-11 years can share a room with their parents.
- Children sharing a suite with 2 full paying guests will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
Drones are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the Marataba Game Reserve, failure to comply with this rule will result in a heavy fine or arrest by reserve management.