Tuningi Lodge is situated in the world renowned Big 5 Madikwe Game Reserve, a 75 000 hectare malaria-free, protected area. Madikwe Game Reserve is a true African success story and Tuningi proudly showcases this in magnificent style!
This private and exclusive Lodge offers guests superior accommodation enhanced by an impressive Big 5 safari experience.
Tuningi welcomes children and in doing so, avails them of the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature, wildlife and our delicate eco-system first-hand.
Tuningi Lodge Is Offering An Unprecedented SADC Special
1 May 2020 – 31 March 2021
Luxury Suites From R 4000 PP Sharing
Two game drives daily.
- Big 5 game viewing (Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard, Buffalo).
- State-of-the-art Land Cruisers.
- Passionate, qualified Game Rangers.
- Tea, filter coffee and biscuits on morning game drive.
- Drinks and canapès on afternoon game drive.
Our traditional boma is a truly memorable way to experience an evening under the African night sky. Fine cuisine and wines can be sampled while sitting near a warm, crackling fire. This is the perfect opportunity to reminisce, share and discuss the days sightings and experiences.
- Pampering treatments can be enjoyed in the privacy of your suite:
- Indian Head massage
- Foot massage
- Full body massage
- Manicure and pedicure
Tuningi Lodge Pay 3 Stay 4 Mid-Week Special
Valid Until 30 June 2021
From R 4000 PP Sharing
Tuningi Lodge is offer an incredible Pay For 3 Nights Get Your 4th Night Free mid-week special on their already discounted rates.
This means an extra 25% off!
*Check In On Sunday or Monday
At A Glance
What to take
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Cameras and binoculars
- Light, neutral-coloured clothing
- Swimming costume
- Warm jackets are essential in winter (May – Oct)
- Drones are strictly prohibited in the Game Reserves, failure to comply with this rule will result in a heavy fine or arrest by reserve management.
- Guests may arrive any time from 14h00.
- Rooms are to be vacated by 11h00.
How to get there
- Self-drive (41⁄2 hours from Johannesburg).
- Helicopter transfer directly into Tuningi.
- Fly Fed-Air daily to the reserve.
- Flight transfer or private charter directly into
- Road transfers available from any airport to the lodge.
Tuningi Lodge can accommodate a total of 16 guests in four Luxury Suites and two exclusive Family Suites each consisting of two suites with an adjoining lounge, kitchenette and dining room.
By utilising retractable doors and windows wherever possible, the two Family Suites create space by blending interiors with the bush.
Spacious and private Suites with outdoor rock showers and wrap-around decks face a beautiful valley, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife day and night.
In Room Amenities
The interiors of the Lodge are themed as ‘Colonial African Chic’ and the main thatched building offers beautiful indoor and outdoor lounges, an elegant dining room and magnificent rim-flow pool that overlooks the waterhole.
These areas are interlinked by a sweeping wooden deck that leads to a boma under an ancient Fig Tree. This boma deck is perfect for outdoor dinners around a blazing log fire where you can still see and hear the wildlife a few feet away.
- Dining room
- Boma and viewing deck next to the water hole under an ancient Fig Tree
- Underground Hide on ground level with the wildlife that comes for a drink at the waterhole
- Superb South African wines
- Wooden viewing deck around a rim-flow swimming pool overlooking the water hole
- Wi Fi in the Main Lodge area
- Variety of books in the library
- Satellite television (sport channels only)
- Small curio shop
- Well equipped gym for guests wanting to keep active in the bush.
- Small pool near second Family Suite and Gym
Rates are quoted
- Inclusive of VAT
- In South African Rands
- Subject to availability
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice. However, rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Luxury accommodation
- Three meals daily
- Game drive drinks (Non-premium beverages only: local beers & spirits, soft drinks, and house wines)
- Tea / Coffee
- Two game drives per day
- Children’s program
- Airport departure taxes
- All other beverages besides inclusive beverages
- (see inclusions)
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Additional activities
- Wellness treatments
- Baby sitting services
- Park entry and conservation fees listed below
(Subject to Change):
- Drive In: Park entry fee to the reserve of R180 per adult and R80 per child 3 – 12yrs
- Fly In: Airstrip landing fee of R240 per adult and R150 per child 3 – 12yrs
- Conservation fee 2020: (From 01/01/2020) R165 per adult per day and R82.50 per child 3 – 12yrs, per day
- Western Airstrip to lodge transfers are comp- limentary. During bad weather when planes have to land at the Eastern Airstrip there will be a R250 lodge transfer charge per vehicle, one way.
Peak Season Terms and Conditions:
20 December until 5 January. All Bookings over Christmas and NewYear’s Eve can only be secured once a 20% non-refundable deposit has been paid.
Should the reservations department require the accommodation that is being held by the group for the same dates, we will request the group to supply us with an immediate 20% non-refundable deposit. A booking of 8 guests or more is classed as a group booking.
- 45–31 days – 50% of full amount
- 30–15 days – 75% of full amount
- 4 days or less – 100% of full amount
Bookings are not transferable
- Children of all ages are welcome at the Lodge.
- Children ages 0-11 years can share a room with their parents.
- Children sharing a suite with 2 full paying guests will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
NB: Drones are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the Madikwe Game Reserve, failure to comply with this rule will result in a heavy fine or arrest by reserve management.